• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Future of Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure - any news?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazuki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:31 am Reply with quote
Hi,

I've been waiting for news about Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure. AIC is busy promoting Tenchi Muyo these days. I've been long a Dual! Fan two years ago, and I have the only active Dual! site around.

Is there a chance for the Dual! series to continue? The DVD Box set just Released last Sept. 30. and saw AIC's Dual! website "Comming Soon" -- nothing more....

I've been waiting for so long, or am I the only die-hard fan of Dual! around these days? Sad

I need your opinions regarding this matter.

Thanks.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:32 pm Reply with quote
kazuki wrote:
I've been waiting for so long, or am I the only die-hard fan of Dual! around these days? :(

Probably.

Regardless, Dual! (I love titles that have their own punctuation! Look, I just inserted an exclamation point in the middle of a sentence - take THAT, grammar!) was a good show that a lot of people liked, but it wasn't strong enough to make any lasting impressions. Thusly, I don't find the demand for more Dual! episodes to be high at all, and I think AIC knows it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Allen
Company Representative

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Many of the people behind Dual were the same from Tenchi Muyo, so who knows what could happen at AIC. The storyline for Dual finished up, with a nice epilogue episode that teased at the potential for more stories. It still ended well, so there's no hanging plot lines to be tidied up, unlike the Tenchi OVAs.

What was interesting was to see some characteristics of Tenchi show up in Dual. And of course, some aspects of Dual show up in Tenchi Muyo GXP. With the 3rd Tenchi OVA starting up, its possible some more crossover events may happen.

Personally I'm hoping AIC will finish up Spaceship Agga Ruter. That story was definilty unfinished.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Boxie wrote:
What was interesting was to see some characteristics of Tenchi show up in Dual.

Being a big Kiyone fanboy, seeing her appear briefly in Dual! was quite the pleasant surprise. Very Happy

And yeah, I liked Dual! as well, but I think the reason it's not really well accepted among the general anime community is that so many people just pass it off as "an Eva ripoff," and don't really get the point that AIC was intentionally making Dual! like Eva as a tribute.

So yeah...bad press, pretty much. Shame, too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:10 pm Reply with quote
AIC is planning something like 5 OAVs total to wrap up Tenchi right? Maybe when they're done they can put their resources to work on other Kajishima properties. I'd espcially love to see a space version of Dual, maybe in a Captain Harlock type of tribute. The ending suggests that any sequal will be space based, maybe figure out the origins of D and the artifacts.

I don't see it happening anytime soon, but unlike a lot titles people want to see sequaled, I haven't seen anyting that would say this can't happen eventually.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:13 pm Reply with quote
That'd be a cool idea. Very Happy Like, they could have a series of short Dual! OVAs that each act as a tribute to another landmark anime or anime creator (like the Captain Harlock/Leiji Matsumoto idea you mentioned, or a Macross styled one).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:51 am Reply with quote
Hey, why not? They can cruise around space for a while in Matsumoto fasion, then come back to defend earth from alien invaders Macross style. Maybe give good ol' Jinmu a transformation. Very Happy

Emerje
kazuki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:18 am Reply with quote
I really want it to continue for the least a space version, or even just a movie is enough to satify me. Smile

I have my own community of Dual!. I got around 148 members so far. 20+ of them are regular posters, some are just passing by. If your curious enough to see my forum, go at http://dualfans.host.sk/phpbb I invite you to register. Try to look around my site if you have time - read the fanfics.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1